WHO IS ICPI?
The Interlocking Concrete Pavement Institute (ICPI), founded in 1993, is the North American trade association representing the interlocking concrete paving industry. ICPI is considered by peer associations around the world as the leader in development and dissemination of technical information for design professionals and contractors. Our leadership position is due to years of commitment and energy from more than 1,100 members. ICPI engages in a broad range of technical, marketing, educational, government relations and communications activities.
Membership consists of interlocking paver manufacturers, design professionals, paver installation contractors and suppliers of products and services related to the industry. ICPI offers a variety of services to its members through its vast library of technical publications, online design idea galleries, publications, paver installer certification programs and the industry's only dedicated magazine, Interlock Design Magazine.
ICPI supports members in assuring segmental pavement systems are the preferred choice for sustainable and environmentally friendly pavements in North America.
MISSION AND GOALS
The mission of the Interlocking Concrete Pavement Institute is to increase awareness, acceptance and use of segmental concrete pavement systems in North America.
Goal Area: Technical Excellence
1) Define, develop and improve technical resources (Tools, Programs, Software)
2) Advance relevant technical knowledge through research
3) Maintain and promote an easily accessible online library of design tools and information
4) Promote product and installation quality by establishing standards and programs to ensure quality control
5) Encourage the use of new and innovative technologies for manufacturing and installation.
Goal Area: Education and Professional Competence
1) Engage FHWA/LTAP in permeable pavement education by conducting sessions at 25 centers
2) Educate Manufacturer/Contractor sales staff to sell Commercial applications
3) Educate paver installers and project inspectors in construction assemblies
4) Define and promote best practices for commercial applications
5) Investigate and implement opportunities with organizations (e.g., civil engineers) to present educational programs on segmental paving.
6) Promote segmental paving technologies in university curriculums
Goal Area: Marketing and Comunications
1) Brand ICPI as the authority on segmental paving systems
2) Increase overall brand visibility to ALL user groups
3) Position members to help gain market share over concrete and asphalt
4) Increase visibility/credibility of certification program to specifiers and end users
Goal Area: Government Relations and Advocacy
1) Become the recognized voice in government at all levels representing the segmental pavement industry
2) Increase awareness of how PICP can meet stormwater requirements
3) Encourage use of recyclable and alternative materials in manufacturing & installation
Goal Area: Membership and Benefits
1) Demonstrate the value of ICPI membership and programs to current and prospective members
2) Grow membership and increase participation in ICPI activities
3) Inspire, motivate and engage members
4) Develop a plan to best deliver ICPI programs and services utilizing communication and technology tools
Goal Area: Trade Show
1) Sustain profitability of HNA
2) Broaden geographic participation – Attendees/Exhibitors
3) Increase attendance at education and certification programs delivered
Goal Area: Governance and Management
1) Improve board and governance structure effectiveness
2) Find new sources of non-dues income
3) Develop strategy and plan to reach our reserve goal
4) Encourage leadership and succession committee to consider younger and diverse candidates