On February 1-2, 2019, teachers and professors from two high schools and six colleges attended the Concrete Paver Installer Academic Instructor training in Sacramento, CA. ICPI Director of Engineering Robert Bowers, P. Eng. and Director of Education and Workforce Development Merry Beth Hall led the two-day training based on the recently released ICPI Concrete Paver Installer Course, 9th Edition.
School participants included:
- Bakersfield College – Bakersfield, CA
- Brigham Young University Idaho – Rexburg, ID
- Caruthers High School – Caruthers, CA
- Ceres High School – Ceres, CA
- Clackamas Community College – Oregon City, OR
- Cosumnes River College – Sacramento, CA
- Merced College – Merced, CA
- Pacific Horticulture College – Victoria, BC
Academic Instructors who attend the class, pass the exam and submit the license agreement will be able to use the CPI materials in their classes to educate their students about industry recommendations and construction best practices. Students who then pass the unit test will be able to submit details of their installation experience to become qualified as an ICPI Certified Concrete Paver Installer.
The dates and locations for future Academic Instructor Training events will be held based on requests. If you know academic instructors who might benefit from participating in future courses, please provide their contact information to ICPI Director of Education and Workforce Development Merry Beth Hall at firstname.lastname@example.org.