ICPI has been working with the City of Montreal and CERIU (Center of expertise and research in urban infrastructures) to organize a one day PICP Symposium in Montreal on April 4, 2017. CERIU has agreed to be co-hosts for the event. Both the City of Montreal and CERIU will promote the event to the staff, contacts and members. We are anticipating between 40 and 60 attendees.
An impressive panel of experts in the industry, has been assembled to speak at the event that includes:
- Robert Bowers, P. Eng., Director of Engineering, Interlocking Concrete Pavement Institute
- Chris Denich, M.Sc., P. Eng., Aquafor Beech Ltd.
- Sophie Duchesne, Professeure-chercheure, Institut national de la recherche scientifique,
Centre Eau Terre Environement
- Dave Hein, P. Eng., Vice-President Transportation, Applied Research Associates, Inc.
- Richard Morin, ing. M.Sc.A., Conseiller technique, Service des infrastructures, de la voirie et des transports, Direction des Infrastructures
- Lincoln J. Paiva, ing., P.Eng., Ingénieur – Service technique, Techo-Bloc Inc.
- Marcel Roy, ing., P.Eng., Directeur provincial, JFSA
A web page has already been set up with a preliminary agenda, descriptions for each presentation and registration link for attendees at www.icpi.org/MontrealPICP. Three of the presentations will be in French and three of the presentations will be in English. Attendees will be able to download copies of the presentations to follow along with the speakers and make notes.
The presentation will be in Montreal but a specific location is yet to be determined. As the details of the event develop we will create a budget which will be reviewed with all sponsors to obtain their approval. Sponsors will also be asked to provide photos of projects that will be showcased in a presentation at the end of the symposium. Sponsors will receive the following benefits:
- An 8’ table top display space,
- Recognition at the beginning of the presentations, on the final agenda and the event web page,
- Up to three registrations for sponsor company’s staff,
- Sponsorship ribbon recognition for sponsor company registrants’ badge.
All sponsors will be billed after the event an equal potion of the total expenses for the event. We estimate this will be between $3,000 and $4,000 CAD and will vary based on the number of attendees. Sponsorship is only open to ICPI Member companies.
If you are interested in becoming a sponsor, please contact Erin Hobson (firstname.lastname@example.org).