The Interlocking Concrete Pavement Institute (ICPI), founded in 1993, is the North American trade association representing the segmental concrete pavement industry. ICPI is considered by peer associations around the world as the leader in development and dissemination of technical information for design professionals and contractors. Our leadership position is due to years of commitment and energy from more than 900 members. ICPI engages in a broad range of technical, marketing, educational, government relations and communications activities.
Membership consists of interlocking paver manufacturers, design professionals, paver installation contractors and suppliers of products and services related to the industry. ICPI offers a variety of services to its members through its vast library of technical publications, online design idea galleries, publications, paver installer certification programs and the industry's only dedicated magazine, Interlock Design Magazine.
ICPI is the authority for concrete pavers, which are universally recognized as the best value for pavement systems.
The mission of the Interlocking Concrete Pavement Institute is to deliver education and technical guidance leading to awareness, acceptance and use of segmental concrete pavement systems in the United States and Canada.
Goal Area: Industry Growth
Make segmental concrete pavement systems the preferred choice of decision makers through education and awareness.
- Increase awareness among design professionals
- Educate sales professionals to become technical resources for design professionals
- Find new education opportunities
Goal Area: Industry Quality
Initiate industry best practices and be the recognized technical authority for producers, dealers, contractors, design professionals, municipalities and end users.
- Raise installation quality and effieciencies
- Inspire quality products and innovation
- Develop targeted research programs to increase designer professional confidence
Goal Area: ICPI Strength
Increase membership value through participation and engagement opportunities.
- Promote members' products and services within the membership
- Recognize members who participate in ICPI programs and services
- Create "exclusive positives" for ICPI membership
Goal Area: Increased Acceptance of ICPI
Generate interest in and adoption of ICPI resources among members and the end user community.
- Engage employees of members to promote ICPI resources
- Increase awareness to public sector regulators/agencies
- Engage academia and government to adopt segmental concrete pavement
- Develop strategic alliances with the design professionals